Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Halloween

Take a moment to look up the history of Halloween. So many people these days say it is "evil" but it has very religious roots. It seems like we often pick and choose our religious/historical "truths" and completely ignore other, valuable beliefs. Here comes the soapbox: why put the pagan symbols of christmas in your home (a pine tree and a yule log), but shun the pagan and early christian beliefs concerning Halloween? I think you can make October 31st as fun or as taboo as you choose, but at least familiarize yourself with the history. Read up at http://en.wikipedia.org

Meanwhile, check out this year's Halloween card!

2 comments:

  1. Well said, Amen!!!I have those cards, thank you!!! Everyone loved them. Maybe I need skulls on my Christmas Cards this year? HMMMM. What would my grandmother say? You do a great job on your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete