Monday, September 28, 2009

Just 20 Short Years Later!

Well, Walt and I were married 20 years ago - September 29, 1989. I remember thinking that people were OLD when they had been married that long. I was right. We are old. I thought I would bore you with some fun and weird facts about us:





























1. We were married on a Friday night at 7:00 at Trinity Baptist Church in Redlands. About 225 people attended. We had our reception in the basement. Our music was provided by bagpiper Kevin Blanford, who has since died from cancer. Our get-away car was a pink Morris Minor, which has since been sold (and if anyone finds it, we want to buy it back!).


2.Everything that was associated with our wedding is now gone: the business where we met, the restaurant where we had our first date, the Officer's Club at Norton AFB where we had our rehearsal dinner, the cabin where Walt proposed the year before, the church itself has changed names, etc. However, WE ARE STILL HERE!!!

3.My dad was nervous about walking me down the aisle because he had severe knee problems and thought he would fall.


4.Our church did not have a central aisle...weird, huh!?

5.Two hours before the wedding, my dress was not finished and several bridesmaids were still working on theirs, too. Walt's Dad was a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force, and he made the bow on the back of my dress (which we called the "Butt Bow").

6.In the last 20 years, Walt has decorated our house with his favorite things, such as gorilla skulls and rocket engines. We call our house the Walt and Sheila Museum.


7.In the past 20 years, I have decorated our house with things from our travels to Europe, especially our 12 trips to London. My dishes are a combination of blue and white pottery from T.G. Green and pottery from Emma Bridgewater - almost all of my serving pieces had words on them...I love words!
















8.We have always owned animals, including dogs, cats, rats, pythons, guinea pigs, lizards, chameleons, various bugs (some on purpose and some not), an Australian parrot who camped in our backyard, a bird that died one year to the day after we bought it (the warranty must have run out), etc. Right now we own 4 indoor cats and one newbie that lives outdoors.

9.We are HUGE fans of anime, and have a very angry bunny in our living room.















10.We have not made our bed in 20 years. That makes my mother crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    What fun to read all those little tidbits about you two. It would be fun to hear the whole story.

    (we don't make our bed either, and it would drive my mom crazy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! You guys still look the same!!! You guys are very lucky that you have a one of a kind relationship. True love, I must say. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete